Many of us have seen an overheated android mobile phone, especially the uneven warmth after a phone call that was extra-long. But what are the other reasons why phones get so hot? In this next part, we will see a few common reasons phones getting hot, and provide you with a satisfactory solution on you what you can do to avoid your phone from overheating.
But sadly, there’s no specific answer to this question. Sometimes, mobiles get hot due to the too many apps running in the background or due bad hardware like battery and the PCB board with various defective elements.
- 1 How to know the reason?
- 2 Average acceptable heating capability of the phone?
- 3 Few reasons behind heating of the phone:
- 4 Cooling Down Your Android Device
How to know the reason?
- There are some signs which can determine why your phone is heating up.
- At first, heating can be done by faulty hardware, but it can also be caused by software glitches. There are three major regions in a phone that cause heating: the battery, CPU, and screen.
- You should always check the battery first if the phone is getting hot because lithium-ion batteries are really powerful, because of which the get hot sometimes. The battery can be exploded or sparked because of this heat. This is truly hazardous and noteworthy for users and manufacturers.
- If the output of heat is from the front of the mobile screen then it is due to the phone’s CPU or GPU. These two components produce heat as a by-product of operation when the processor is in use, the heat production increases simultaneously.
- Similarly, if you are observing heat coming from the lower part of your phone, then there is a good possibility that this is due to a problem with the charging unit.
Average acceptable heating capability of the phone?
Everyone knows that all phones get hot. But how can you determine that your phone is having a problem? All phones work on a normal temperature between 37-43 degrees Celsius and 98.6-109.4 degrees in Fahrenheit. As we cannot determine the actual temperature on our own because we are not thermometers. But still, we can know the heat is more than usual by our regular experience.
Few reasons behind heating of the phone:
1. Gaming more than necessary:
There are many games available for smartphones and everyone is addicted to playing at least one of them. These games take long hours to complete, no matter what genre they are and what genre you play. Some of the games are very heavy on the system but we still play them unnecessarily. This heats up the mobile phone too much. Especially a few games which online require data connection continuously so they are the major reason behind heating as the net is on continuously.
2. Background Apps in bulk:
We use many apps on our phone and we don’t exist them after its usage. These apps are kept running in the background and eat up much processing space resulting in heating up of the device. Few apps are autorun like FB, Gmail, etc. These apps are turned on automatically when turning on the internet and results in the heating up of our device. They also eat the data in the background and battery too.
3. Continuous streaming of videos:
Few of us are addicted to continue watching the videos on our device. Few apps like YouTube and Netflix are the biggest reasons behind this. Some of us like watching movies and series. No matter if we are watching them offline or online they will surely affect our device health. These continuous sessions of video watching are unhealthy for our device. We don’t recommend you to watch the videos but at least watch them in small intervals. This will save your battery and heating too.
4. Using the phone under the sun:
As we all know, anything under sunlight gets heated, so is our mobile phone. Using a phone in warm conditions will automatically heat up the device. This is not so much of reason but still, it is one of it. So avoid using mobile in the exposure of the sun.
5. Apps and OS:
Few apps and OS already have glitches in them which effects our device unknowingly. They keep running in the background or take too much processing power which results in over usage of processors and heating of the device is done.
6. Other reasons:
As we know, may it PC or Mobile they prone to viruses and malware. These are some reasons which make mobile warm. They affect your device in a way that you can’t understand. Not always but still it is a cause behind heating.
Secondly, the inbuilt software faults they also heat your device.
As we have seen the causes of heating let’s move on to the remedies for them.
Cooling Down Your Android Device
There are many reasons behind the heating up of the phone and all are different and can be treated by a few precautions and remedies. Let’s check out a few do’s and don’ts.
- Do not keep your mobile in the freezer. This will cause your battery to expand and eventually expansion of the shell of the device will happen and it is not reversible as well. This will also damp the electronic components to damage.
- Do not wipe your phone with a wet cloth or water sprays. This will lead to screen damage as droplets of water may damage the pixels of the phone. Also, if they have seeped inside the opening they may damage the circuit board too.
- Keep the phone under the fan. This will lower the temperature slowly and gradually it will be normal without damaging the phone.
- The first and foremost thing to do is that you can turn off the apps and wait for the cooling of the phone. Turn off the phone if possible. This will end the all running operation and cool off the device fastly.
- Another thing to do is- lower the brightness of the phone, turn off the GPS, Bluetooth, Wifi and data connection. Turn on the low power consumption mode if available. Get rid of unnecessary apps and settings. Etc.
- One of the best methods of precautions is having the antivirus app on your mobile phone which also clears the cache and ends the running apps which are not in use. This will protect your phone from malware and also you won’t have to check continuously if any app is running.
So this was all we have to say regarding our mobile phone heating issues. Do follow the steps to keep your mobile safe and sound.